Residential Housing Repositioning
Benchmark, RISE: A Real Estate Company and Lord Aeck Sargent Architects partnered for the improvement of the student housing at Millersville University. Using the expertise and effort of its members, the team was able to successfully develop and execute a strategic plan to update the student housing on the campus.
At the conclusion of the three-phase project, the multiple buildings provide 1911 beds offering multiple unit types ranging from two-person private bedroom suites to four-person shared bedroom suites while also providing fully private suites for RAs and full apartments for staff.
At 510,000 SF, the new housing community consists of eight main residence halls. For those who are looking for a more communal setting, the four, ten-person suites and two, 20-person suites provide private bedrooms, shared baths with private toilets and showers, and shared community spaces with full-size refrigerators, sinks, and microwaves. In addition to the suites, the project also provides five community kitchens, recreation spaces, and laundry rooms with adjacent lounges and vending machines as well as a 150-person great room that overlooks the south quad.
- Location: Millersville, PA
- Client: Student Services, Inc.
- Architect: Lord Aeck Sargent Architects
- Awards: 2015 Award of Excellence, ABC Keystone
2016 Award of Excellence, ABC Keystone
- Square Footage: Phase I: 188,272 | Phase II: 155,000 | Phase III: 166,000
- Year Completed: Phase I: 2014 | Phase II: 2015 | Phase III: 2016
- Expertise: General Contracting, Preconstruction, Self-Perform, Virtual Design & Construction
- Sector: Education
Key Team Members
Real Estate Development Executive
Senior Preconstruction Project Manager
Robert Brandt III