Commercial Construction Project Manager
Benchmark Construction is hiring an experienced Project Manager to manage projects in the $10-50 Million range. The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or a related engineering discipline or at least 10 years’ experience as a Project Manager for a Commercial General Contractor. Skills in relationship building, negotiation, budget management and a proficient technical understanding of construction contracts, drawings, methods, and equipment are a must.
The Project Manager has ownership of the entire construction process and performs these critical tasks:
· Prepares complete estimates for projects, develops proposals and cost spreadsheets with detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, takeoff information and contracting to present to owner.
· Manages Job Cost Reports, providing contract updates in a timely fashion.
· Reviews and understands project drawings and specifications.
· Manages submittal and RFI logs, is the driving force behind expediting shop drawings and product data for approval to architect and contractor for release of material.
· Coordinates and conducts all onsite job conference and subcontractor coordination meetings and produce well documented meeting minutes.
· Schedules and conducts all pre-installation meetings with required contractors and suppliers.
· Plans, coordinates and supervises in conjunction with the Project Superintendent on-site functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of on-site administrative staff in accounting, purchasing, etc.)
· Oversees punch list process and project closeout documents (as-builts, O&M, etc.)
Job Type: Full-time